Words do work
Make sure it's for you - not against
If you’re going to convert prospects into clients, first of all, they must believe you.
So before they ask themselves that all-important question: ‘Does this company provide what I want?’, there are two more fundamental tests you have to pass:
How professional are you?
And can I trust what you say?’
To answer these questions, the reader consciously and unconsciously measures what you say against certain criteria – we call them ‘the 5 Cs of Credibility’.
keys to customer conversion
Satisfy each of these and the visitor will go on to judge your service/product on its merits – and, most likely, take the next step towards becoming a buyer.
Fall down on any of these key questions and the credibility of your organisation – and your service / product – will be damaged to some degree in the reader's eyes. That means your prospects are likely to look elsewhere for a more credible provider.
We can analyse the credibility of your website content, or any other corporate literature.
The 5C Credibility Check™
Here's how we use the 5 Cs – as lenses for analysing your content's credibility.
1. CORRECT > Is the copy correct & clean – ie, free of typos, grammatical slips, etc?
Yes – This organisation seems professional and they pay attention to detail….
No – Is their service a bit slipshod too…?
2. CLEAR > Is the information direct, concise & expressed clearly?
Yes – They are speaking to me and understand what I need to know.
No – Do they really understand what we’re about…?
3. CONSISTENT > Are the style, voice & tone consistent (across all media) and in tune with your values?
Yes – This is a joined-up organisation that inspires confidence.
No – Someone’s singing from a different hymn sheet..!
4. COHERENT > Have the key messages and themes been thought through?
Yes – They know what they’re talking about and it all makes sense.
No – I’m not sure what they say adds up…?
5. COMPELLING > Does the content capture what's different / notable about the business and back that up?
Yes – This is convincing and trustworthy; they can meet my needs.
No – I’m not persuaded, it doesn’t quite ring true….
Let's make sure your content is credible
Every website needs quality control. Here's how your content can benefit from an impartial 5C Check™:
- Fix the faults hiding in plain view
- Focus on the customer's priorities
- Fine-tune your key messages
- Build trust and boost conversions
- Make the most of what you offer
We can do a check for you. Or you can do it yourself – click to find out how.